Last Updated on June 26, 2016
Starting with Windows Vista, the Windows OS has been plagued with lots of errors. One of the common ones among them is the error code 0x80004005 | The operation failed. This error pops a lot while trying to run, install or even normally using Windows.
Whether it is Office 2003, Office 2007, Windows 7, 8, 10 or anything else by Microsoft. if you are among those who are constantly getting the 0x80004005 error, then this post is for you. In this post, we will discuss various methods to fix your Windows PC without breaking it apart. The workarounds specified in this post can also be used for solving error codes as specified on the official Microsoft Support forums.
0x80004005, 0x80090006, 0x8009001d, 0x80070002, 0x8007007f, 0x8007007e, 0x800705aa, 0x8007007e, 0x80004005, 0x800705aa, 0x80070002, 0x80004005, 0x800405aa, 0x80090019 and 0x800703e7
Causes of 0x80004005 | The operation failed Error
- Missing system files and corrupt Windows directories.
- Latest Windows updates not installed.
- Using older versions of Flash for IE.
- Malware and adware.
- Dirty registry.
How to fix 0x80004005 | The operation failed error
- Install CCleaner and remove all the junk software along with all odd adware present on your PC.
- Install Latest Windows Updates as shown here.
- Install this update from Microsoft (x86) (x64).
- Reinstall your antivirus. This error especially occurs with the Norton Antivirus.
- Press Win+R keys and then type %temp%. Delete all the files there.
- Restart your PC.
According to various reports from various forums, the main culprit for causing the error 0x80004005 is the Flash for IE10 and IE11. It seems that Microsoft didn’t fully check the Flash plugin for any hiccups before pushing it into the final builds for Windows. If you are among the fast ring subscribers of Windows 10 insiders, then it is also possible that you will face a lot of errors like this. You can switch to the slow ring to decrease the number of bugs and errors you face while using Windows 10.
After following the steps written above, your PC will not show you the error 0x80004005. If you are still facing the same error, then you might have done something wrong. Try performing the steps mentioned once more. In the case of further problems, hit the comment section and tell us whether these steps solve your problem or not.