Last Updated on January 28, 2022
The Play store error 194 is among errors number 101, 963 and 403 are quite a regular annoyance for Android users. In this post, we will be discussing the steps for getting rid of error 194 in the Play Store. So, let us first discuss what this error is and when it shows up on our phones.
Play Store Error 194
Most of the time, error 194 shows up to the users when they are trying to download or update an app from the store. The error goes something along the lines of “App name” could not be downloaded due to an error (194). The user can then press the OK button without any clue on how to fix the error and download the app.
Google Play Store Error 194 Causes
The error 194 generally shows up due to the following causes:
- Outdated Play Store App
- Old Download Manager data
So basically, to fix the error 194, all we have to do is get rid of old cached data in the app along with making sure that our version of the Play Store is updated to the latest release. Let us now get to the steps on how to clear the old cached data and update the app.
Clear Play Store App data and Cache
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Slide to the right to All.
- Find Google Play Store and tap on the clear data button.
- Click on the Clear Cache button.
Read more: How to clear Google Play Store App Data.
Clear Download manager data
- Find the Download manager in All.
- Tap on the Clear data button.
- Tap on the clear cache button.
Download Latest Play Store APK
- Download the latest APK from Apkmirror.
- Transfer the APK to your phone.
- Go to Settings > Security > Device Administration and enable App installation from Unknown Sources.
- Tap on OK in the dialogue box to confirm your selection.
- Now open your file explorer of choice and head over to the location where you copied the APK file in the device.
- Tap on it and proceed with the installation.
Restart Your Phone and Network Settings
To Restart Phone:
Depending on what brand your device is, the restarting method might vary. You can perform a google search for “restart phone Samsung s12” and you will find a video explaining the process. Normally errors like these are fixed with a simple restart.
To Reset Network Settings:
If you have a network issue, first figure out if it’s from the ISP’s side or not. Once you have crossed that out, proceed to the next step.
- Go to your phone settings
- Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Enter your PIN
- Tap Reset settings
- Now reconnect to your network and try again
Reset Your Phone
Since Play Store is really important for an Android device, you have to use it to download apps and updates. While this might sound really frustrating, resetting your device is something of a last resort. This will return it back to the stock state and most probably your issue will be fixed.
After following these steps the error 194 from the Play Store in your Android phone will stop showing up. If this error occurs even after following the steps, please use the comments section to let us know and we will help you out.