The iPad and iPhone users frequently see the “A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded” error while browsing the web. Although this is not actually an error, but it is certainly an annoyance of sort. This error can occur anytime while browsing the web in the Safari web browser. This can occur because of a fault in the website or because of a problem in your iPad web browser. In this post, we will discuss various ways to fix the “A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded” error.
This error has started to occur for the iPad users starting from the iOS 8.0.2 update. The only solution for most of the users was to downgrade their iPads to an older version or wait for the iOS 8.1 update. This error is not only limited to the iPad and iPhone users, though. Many Safari for Mac users is also facing this problem. Continue reading below to know how to fix his error.
How to fix “A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded” error
- Open the app drawer and go to Settings > General > Reset Network Settings. This will disconnect you from all WiFi connections if you have any. You will need to login into them again.
- Again go to the Settings > Safari > Clear Website Data. This will clear all data stored by the browser like history and website caches.
This will, in most cases fix your web browser on your iPhone and iPad.
- Open Safari and then go to the Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Remove All Website Data.
- Open Finder and go to Go > Go to Folder. Type “~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db“. Press on Go. Then Delete this file.
- Restart Safari.
If the error doesn’t go away after following the aforementioned steps, the culprit is most probably Java for Mac. To solve this problem, you need to reinstall Java on your Mac. Here are the steps.
- Open Finder > Applications > Search for JavaAppletPlugin.plugin.
- Right click on the file and then select Move to Trash.
- Download Java from the official Oracle website.
- Open the jre-8u65-macosx-x64.dmg (or whichever version you download) by double clicking on it.
- Proceed with the installation screen and then press Continue.
- Press Install in the next screen.
- Press Close to finish the installation.
Following these steps will most probably fix the A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded error on your iPhone, iPad, and the Mac. If this doesn’t fix your problem, just use the comments section to tell us more about what problems you are facing. We will surely help you out.