Last Updated on July 28, 2017
It normally shows up a few times a day and asks you to signup for OneDrive. You can close the thing, but Microsoft has made it such that unless you kill it, the setup will bug you repeatedly.
If you want to get rid of this annoying popup, continue with this post to know the steps.
Get Rid of Set Up OneDrive Popup in Windows 10
There are two ways you can go about that. You can either disable OneDrive or completely uninstall it from your PC. Both methods are perfectly reversible, so whichever you choose, everything on your PC is safe.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
gpedit.mscand press Enter. This will open the Group Policy Editor on your PC.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to: Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive.
- Look for the Setting with the name Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage on Windows 8.1. Right-click on it and select Edit.
- This setting, by default, is to Not Configured. Set it to Enabled.
- Restart your PC.
If you never use the OneDrive, you can simply uninstall it from your Windows 10 PC.
- Press Windows + X + A to open Command Prompt with Administrator privileges.
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exeand press Enter.
- Now, type
%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall(for 32-bit OS) or
%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall(for 64-bit OS) and press Enter.
- Restart your PC.
While OneDrive is uninstalling, you won’t see any uninstallation prompt or notification from Windows to notify you of what’s happening.
Get OneDrive Back
If you ever change your mind about OneDrive and feel like using it on your PC, then you can reinstall it again. For that, you can use the setup file present in the SystemRoot folder on your PC.
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\and press Enter.
- Look for
OneDriveSetup.exeand open it.
Now, if you look for OneDrive, you’ll find it installed on your PC.
So, that’s how you disable the Set up OneDrive popup in Windows 10.