Last Updated on July 3, 2017
The Internet Explorer 11 has this unwarranted smiley button in the toolbar occasionally bothers you to send feedback to Microsoft about the browser. If you aren’t interested in doing that, you can disable it from showing up in the toolbar of the browser.
By default, you can’t disable the smiley button in the Internet Explorer 11. But, there is a simple registry trick which you can use to hide it from your view.
Disable Smiley Button in Internet Explorer 11
- Press Windows + R to open Run. Type
regeditand press Enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following key:
- If the registry in your PC doesn’t have the Restrictions key, create one. To do that, right-click on Internet Explorer key and go to New > Key. Name it
- After creating the Restrictions key, select it and right-click on it. Go to New > DWORD (32-bit) Value with the name
NoHelpItemSendFeedback. Set it to
- Restart your PC.
That’s it. You can undo this process in a similar way. Just set the
NoHelpItemSendFeedback DWORD value to
0. Restart your PC to re-enable the Feedback Smiley button in the Internet Explorer 11.