Last Updated on December 9, 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 – Stuck on Loading Screen – If for some reason, your game is stuck on loading screen, then this article is for you.
There can be multiple reasons why this might be happening to your game. There are a few things that you can do to fix this issue. You can follow the instructions given below and check if those work for you.
(Fixed) Cyberpunk 2077 – Black Screen/ Stuck on Loading Screen
Below are the steps that you can follow one-by-one to get rid of the black screen/stuck on loading issue.
Disable Full-Screen Optimization & High DPI in Windows 10
Full-screen optimization and DPI settings come pre-configured with Windows 10. This is the number one reason for causing the black screen troubles in multiple games. To disable:
- Locate the game installation
- Find the .exe file of the game
- Right-click > Properties > Compatibility Tab
- Tick the “Disable Full-Screen Optimizations” tab
- Now, click the “Change high DPI settings” button
- Tick “Override high DPI scaling behavior” and select “Application” from the drop-down menu
- Save Settings.
Update Device Drivers
Whenever a new game makes it’s arrival, especially when it’s a AAA title, Nvidia is known for pushing their optimized updates for the best performance with their graphic cards. I am not sure about AMD because I’ve never used an AMD card. Below are the links for downloading the latest drivers.
Update: Nvidia has already released a full-fledged optimization update for this game. You can fire up Geforce experience and get the update right away.
Repair Cyberpunk 2077 Game Files
If you still haven’t been able to successfully fix your game, the last resort would be repairing or reinstalling the game. To repair the game, follow the steps given below:
- Launch Steam Launcher
- Go To Library and Select “Cyberpunk 2077”
- Right Click > Properties > Local Files
- Click on “Verify Integrity of game files”
- This will take a while. Steam will verify your game files and download and replace any corrupted ones.
- Start GOG Launcher
- Head to the Library
- Right-click on “Cyberpunk 2077” > Manage Installation
- Select “Verify/Repair”
- The launcher will start verifying the game files. In case there’s something broken, the launcher will take care of it.
Launch the game and your issue should be fixed.
Similar to every AAA title, this game is not free from problems. Initial reviews and impressions have detailed that there are issues in the game, bugs, and weird things that we’ll report as we’ll find out. Problems aren’t exactly new for AAA titles, problems are known to arise since developers can’t test the games on a huge set of machines. The configuration of every PC is so different that the developers cannot actually test everything. That’s why developers take reports and push patches in the following days.
In case the steps given above don’t work for you, please wait until the developers push an update or wait for instructions from them. We’ll make sure to add them here as soon as we hear more from them.