Last Updated on August 24, 2023
Armored Core 6 Refund: As a long-time Armored Core fan, I was thrilled when AC6 was official. The hype train was in full force leading up to launch day. But now that I’ve had some time with the game, I’m really disappointed with the amount of technical issues and performance problems at release.
If you feel the same way and want your money back, here is a step-by-step guide on requesting a refund for Armored Core 6 through Steam and Xbox.
Requesting a Refund on Steam
Thankfully, Steam’s refund policy is pretty generous – you can refund any game if you have less than 2 hours of playtime.
Here are the steps to get your money back for AC6:
- Launch the Steam client on your PC and open up your Library.
- Locate Armored Core 6 in your list of games and right click on it.
- In the menu that pops up, click on ‘Properties’.
- This will open up the Properties window for AC6. Select the ‘Support’ tab along the top.
- In this tab, you’ll see a button labeled ‘I’d like to request a refund’. Go ahead and click it.
- A window will pop up asking you to select the reason for your refund request. I recommend picking ‘It’s not what I expected’.
- On the next screen, confirm you’d like to request a refund by clicking the button.
- That’s it! Steam will now process your request.
As long as you have played AC6 for less than 2 hours total, you should be approved for a refund without any issues. Steam will notify you once they have completed processing your request via email.
Getting a Refund on Xbox
Requesting a refund directly through Microsoft’s Xbox platform is also straightforward. Here are the steps involved:
- Use a web browser to navigate to the official Xbox refund website.
- Sign in using your Xbox / Microsoft account credentials.
- Once signed in, you should see your Order History. Scroll down and locate Armored Core 6.
- Click the ‘Request a refund’ button next to the game.
- You’ll be taken to a screen with some dropdowns to select your reason for refunding. Pick an appropriate option.
- On the next page, confirm you want to request a refund by clicking ‘Submit request’.
- That’s all there is to it! Xbox support will review your request and get back to you once it has been processed.
The refund criteria are similar to Steam – under 2 hours of total playtime. Make sure you request the refund within 14 days of purchasing AC6. All refunds are processed manually, so there’s nothing to hide.
Getting a refund for the buggy launch version of Armored Core 6 was quick and hassle-free. I can take a break from the game until more patches come through. Have you tried requesting a refund? Let me know how it went in the comments!