Last Updated on November 1, 2022
Show FPS in Modern Warfare 2: FPS, or Frames Per Second, is a crucial element in video games. It can make or break the gaming experience, affecting how smooth the game looks and how responsive it feels. High FPS is essential in first-person shooters (FPS), as players rely on quick reflexes to defeat enemies. Low FPS can be a major problem in these games and quickly lead to frustration and defeats.
Of course, there are ways you can improve your FPS in MW2, but that is not what this article is about. This article will discuss multiple ways to display FPS in Modern Warfare 2.
- Existing FPS Settings in Modern Warfare 2
- Steam Settings
- External Sofware Like Nvidia Geforce Experience or Windows Gamebar
How To Show FPS Counter in Modern Warfare 2
Read: How To Change FOV in Modern Warfare 2
Most of the competitive titles have this setting in-game for obvious reasons. One would like to have important info like FPS, Ping, Loss displayed at all times.
Fortunately, the devs have taken care of this, and a simple setting can be used to turn this on. To enable the in-game counter:
- Press F3 > Click on Interface
- A new settings menu will open up, as shown in the screenshot below:
- Enable the FPS Counter from here, and you’re done.
If you’re looking for alternative ways to display their FPS, then continue reading.
Show FPS in Modern Warfare 2 using Steam
- Launch Steam
- From the top-right list select Steam > Settings
- Navigate to In-Game Settings and enable FPS counter as shown below:
You can choose the location of the counter according to your liking. You’ll have to restart your game to display the counter.
Display FPS using Geforce Experience
If you have an Nvidia Graphics Card, you can also use Geforce Experience to display FPS in-game.
- Launch Geforce Experience
- Click on your profile icon located on the top-right and select “Account”
- From the menu located on the right, click “General”
- Locate In-Game overlay and click “Settings” as shown below:
- A new window will open up, from here select HUD Layout
- From this window, you can configure your HUD Layout. Click on Performance > FPS and select the counter position as shown in the screenshot below.
You have successfully enabled the counter using Geforce Experience.
Using Windows Gamebar
Windows 10 comes with a nifty little feature called the Windows Game Bar. The Windows Game Bar is a toolbar that provides quick access to gaming-related features on your PC, such as taking screenshots, recording gameplay, etc. One of the lesser-known features of the Windows Game Bar is its ability to display your game’s framerate (FPS).
- To enable FPS tracking in the Windows Game Bar, open it up by pressing Win+G on your keyboard.
- You will find a floating performance window displaying stats such as CPU, GPU, VRAM, RAM and FPS. Here’s how it looks like:
- You will have to click on the Pin Button, as shown in the image above. You can further customize this floating window by clicking on the settings window as shown below:
The FPS meter in the Windows Game Bar can be helpful for troubleshooting performance issues in games. If you’re seeing low FPS numbers, you may need to optimize your game settings or upgrade your hardware.
These are all the ways using which you can display the FPS Counter in Modern Warfare II.
Call of Duty® | Modern Warfare II is now available on Playstation and PC via Steam.