Last Updated on April 28, 2023
Star Wars Jedi Survivor PC Crashing Fix: The game seems to be crashing for almost anyone trying to launch it immediately after installing it on Steam. However, there are a few fixes that I will talk about in this article; keep reading to find out.
AAA games have been plagued with problems for years now. Jedi Survivor is no different; the issues started with slow downloads on Steam, followed by the game not launching or lagging. So, I have accepted that there will be problems on day one.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor PC Crashing Fix
Not to worry, though; most of these problems are due to the setup we run or the programs we have installed on our computers. Go through the list that I have compiled, and you will be having a no-crashing experience in a few minutes.
Update Device Drivers & Windows
From time to time, I have seen people reporting crashes, and it turns out they haven’t updated their Graphics drivers for a while. You can easily update your graphic drivers by heading to the official websites:
Nvidia has already pushed Game Ready update 531.68 for Jedi Survivor.
Shut down conflicting applications
This is a community recommendation; users have reported that the following software can lead to crashes:
- Razer Synapse
- Armory Crate
These applications are unimportant to me, so I uninstalled them.
In the game crashing fiasco, overclocking is the culprit most of the time. Some players were able to fix this issue by bringing their GPU and CPU to default frequencies. MSI Afterburner and Zotac Firestorm are two popular tools used to overclock GPUs; both of these are known for creating problems for newer titles.
While it is unclear how many players are affected by the crashes, it is a good reminder that overclocking can be dangerous if not done correctly. It’s also worth noting that even if you don’t experience any crashes.
Tone Down Jedi Survivor Game Settings
The game is a demanding title that won’t run well on most PCs; that’s a fact. You can view the complete system requirements on the official Steam Page.
If the tweaks mentioned didn’t work, you should tone down your game settings. I will write about the best settings for the game shortly, which should help you out.
Disable Overlays from Third Party Applications
Third-party applications tinker with the game and can make it unresponsive. If you’re facing problems, disable Discord, and Windows Game Bar, to name a few.
If you use Discord like me, I recommend changing a few things. One such thing is discord overlay; it’s not something you always need. I use a two-monitor setup, so the overlay is useless for me. It is known for causing FPS-related issues.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Discord
- Open Discord
- Click on User Settings > Appearance
- Click on the Hardware Acceleration radio; this will turn it off.
Disable in-game Discord Overlay
- Open Discord
- Go to Overlay under App Settings
- Click on the “Enable in-game overlay” to turn it off.
Windows Game Bar
- Click Start > Settings > Gaming
- On the Game Bar, set “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to off.
- Now head to the Captures tab and set the “Record the background while I’m playing a game” to Off.
- You can also test turning Game Mode on or off, one by one.
Scan & Repair Game Files
The last savior is the Scan & Repair module from our favorite Steam Launcher, which is also available in Epic Games launcher now. This can be used to rule out that the game installation is error-free.
For Steam Users:
- Open Steam and click on the Library tab.
- Right-click on Star Wars and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab > click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files… button.
- Steam will start verifying the game files and fix any corrupted ones.
For Epic Games Users:
- Open Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on the Library Tab and Locate “Evil Dead”
- Click on the “…” and select Verify as shown in the image below:
These were a few traditional tweaks known for fixing crashing issues in almost every game. The most notable one was “disabling overclocking,” which fixed my issue immediately.
If this article helped you out, please comment below.