Last Updated on April 28, 2023
Star Wars Jedi Survivor Download Stuck or Slow: The game just came out, and you cannot download it due to the slow speed on Steam. This can be frustrating when you are excited to try out a new game; let’s find out how we can fix this.
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a sequel to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and was released on April 28th. The game was developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts; it’s the final Star Wars game published during EA’s exclusivity contract with Lucasfilm.
The download speed issues, or “Unpacking after preloading,” is a big hassle. I don’t pre-load games on Steam anymore, as they take longer than downloading the game after release. The download is encrypted and only unpacked when the game is released to ensure players already have most of the files on their computers.
Download Stuck Issue – Why is it happening?
There can be two reasons why your download could be stuck.
- Your game files are being patched; if you look closely, the download speed will be at 0, but your disk usage will be higher, which means your game is downloading just fine.
- You are using an old-school HDD: This can take a long time to complete. You might have to wait an hour if your installation is on an HDD. If you have an SSD available, you can install the game.
If you have confirmed that the installation is not progressing, restarting Steam or Epic Launcher might work for you.
To check if your game files are being patched: Launch task manager. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and monitor the disk usage.
How To Fix Star Wars Jedi Survivor Stuck or Slow Download
Note: The issue can prevail even on computers with the fastest SSDs; this has something to do with Steam’s “Preloaded” content that always takes a while to decrypt.
There can be two reasons why your download could be stuck. Your game files are being patched, if you look closely, the download speed will be at 0, but your disk usage will be higher; this means your game is downloading just fine. You need to wait.
This can take a long time to complete. You might have to wait an hour if your installation is on an HDD. If you have an SSD available, you can install the game.
If you have confirmed that the installation is not progressing, restarting Steam might work for you.
Slow Download Speed
You can try switching your download region from the Steam settings to fix this issue:
- Go to Steam Settings > Downloads Tab
- Under Download Region, try changing from US/Singapore
- Remove any download restrictions if there are any.
These are all the things you can do if you face any problems. Comment below if you need any help.
Other Miscellaneous Fixes
Check Your Network Connection
Downloads, of course, need consistent connection. If not, you will face slow downloading problems with every game launcher. There are two things that you can do to check this:
- Disconnect other devices from the network: Router Admin panels nowadays have a bandwidth monitor that can be used to find out what device is using the web. You can use this to detect any bandwidth-hogging devices and temporarily disconnect them.
- Restart Your Router: Restarting the router may be necessary if you’re experiencing issues with your internet connection. This is especially true if you have a wireless network or use Wi-Fi at home.
Use a VPN
This is the last resort; sometimes routing is imperfect from your ISP’s end. This leads to lousy download speeds. A VPN can take care of this problem. You can choose any program of your liking.
Flush Your DNS
- Open the command prompt by pressing Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” into the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” into the command prompt and press Enter.
Use Google DNS
Using Google DNS or any custom DNS can fix download troubles immediately. Lifewire has a great guide on the best free Public DNS.
As I mentioned earlier, I have stopped preloading games on Steam now; it is faster for me to download the game and then play it rather than preloading and waiting for the content to decrypt. I have tried almost everything, and this is the broken “fix” for it.
Comment below if this article helped you out.