I often recommend the people to repair their PCs in cases where a simple fix doesn’t work. But, what if the repairing process itself starts giving you trouble? Where’s your god now?
If your PC has stuck on the “Preparing Automatic Repair” screen in Windows 10, you can use this guide fix that issue.
Fix Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair Screen in Windows 10
To fix the issue of being stuck on the “Preparing Automatic Repair” screen in Windows 10, you’ll need to repair your PC using the command-line programs. First, boot into the Advanced Startup Options using the following steps:
- Get the Windows 10 ISO and make a bootable drive from it using a USB thumb drive. You can use tools like the Universal USB Installer or Rufus for this.
- After creating a bootable drive, insert the USB stick on your PC and boot from it. This will start the Windows setup.
- Select the language to install, Time and currency format and the Keyboard input method. Press the Next button.
- In this screen, select Repair your computer in the lower left screen of the setup box.
- You’ll now arrive at the “Choose an option” screen of the repairing screen. Select Troubleshoot.
- In the Troubleshoot screen, select Advanced options. Here, click on Command Prompt.
- You’ll get an option to select the user account and password for your PC. Enter these credentials and proceed with the Continue button.
Now, you can use the Command Prompt window to enter the commands to fix your PC.
Repair OS using DISM
First, use the DISM tool to detect issues with the OS and drivers on your PC.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command to start the DISM tool and press Enter.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- Let the PC work it’s way through the file system. Once that is complete, enter the following and press Enter.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Lastly, use the SFC tool to make sure everything is fine on your PC:
After completing these steps, boot into Windows 10 normally and start the Automatic Repair process again. Your PC will not get stuck on the “Preparing Automatic Repair” from now.