Last Updated on February 4, 2022
After the reviews from critics mentioning bugs and problems in the Dying Light 2, devs had promised to push a launch day patch to address them. The patch is finally here, and here are the patch notes. This update addresses a lot of the bugs initially reported by the players and reviewers.
Dying Light 2 Day One Launch Patch Notes
- Fixed the Broadcast infinite respawn story block
- Fix for dialogues that block story progression
- Re-signing to the coop session doesn’t fail in case the user is logged in
- Fixed crash when handling electrical parts to Carlos in Bazaar
- Fixed problems with temporarily lowering the difficulty level – improved adaptive difficulty for AIs
- Fixed crash caused by background renderer during the transition between menu and loading screens
- Increased Wise overall memory limit – fix for missing sounds and voice-over
- Resolved problems with objects and AI sinking into the ground on a flat surface.
- DLSS enabled. Improved default DLSS sharpness.
- Fix for AI sometimes freezing/becoming immortal when the owner changes during death
- Fixed the gamepad isn’t detected by the game before any movement or action will be conducted using a keyboard or mouse
- Added protection against potential crashes.
- Updates for ES, CH; DE intro.
- Added missing game actions fixing the game’s unresponsiveness.
- Fixed streamer mode option that(was not working properly).
- Fixed crash on opening the secondary screen.
- Fixed disconnecting coop sessions after a certain amount of time.
Dying Light 2 Launch Patch on PC drops TONIGHT! (01:05AM CET to be precise) Over a 1,000 improvements/tweaks so should help with some pre-launch bugs people are experiencing. You will have to download around 2.5gb of data
The sequel to 2015’s open-world survival horror game, Dying Light 2, puts players in the shoes of a character fighting for survival amid a brutal civil war. Dying Light is one of the most successful titles made by Techland; the game currently sits on 200,000 overwhelmingly positive ratings on Steam.