Early access players have been enjoying the game for a while now, the game will open soon for the public. Public release means more players will have access, hence more problems arising due to the vast difference in hardware.
Today’s guide will focus on how you can fix Ghost Recon Breakpoint FPS Lag issues with simple tweaks. There have been a few reports on Reddit and the game forums about this, but there were no proper fixes or optimizations that can be done. Let’s continue reading and find out.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint Lag Fix
First things first, let’s find out what the system requirements of the game are:
- Minimum – Low Setting | 1080p
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200/Intel Core I5 4460
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X/Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 (4 GB)
- Recommended – High Setting | 1080p
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600/Intel Core I7 6700K
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 (6 GB)
The minimum requirements do say that the game can run fine on a PC running on Intel Core i5 4460, but that might not be completely true. I had lag related issues on my other PC that runs on i5 5400 while running it on the PC having i7 8700 was a breeze. This is obvious information, but people are always trying to run AAA games on their decade-old PC’s, so I always like to explain this first.
Change Graphic Card Settings
Below are the settings for AMD and Nvidia graphics card users, apply these settings for the best performance.
For Nvidia Users
- Open up Nvidia’s Control Panel. Right-click on desktop > click Nvidia control panel
- Click Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings
- Find “Ghost Recon Breakpoint”, you can manually add the game if it’s not in the list
- Now, make the following changes:
Monitor Tech: G-Sync (If available)
Maximum Pre-rendered frames: 2
Threaded optimization: On
Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture Filtering – Quality: Performance
For AMD Users
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multisampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
These settings should be good enough for you.
Update Device Drivers
Whenever a new game makes it’s arrival, especially when it’s a AAA title, Nvidia is known for pushing their optimized updates for the best performance with their graphic cards. I am not sure about AMD because i’ve never used an AMD card. Below are the links for downloading the latest drivers.
Tone Down Ghost Recon Settings
Use the settings given below for the best performance.
I’d say the game has been well optimized for everyone. If you are running it on a PC that is old, try running it on toned down settings. This will a lot of problems.
The recent couple updates were weird and broke a lot of games, to fix those issues, Windows has already pushed out hotfixes and you can download them right away. If you are running an older version of Windows, I’d recommend you to download the updated version.
There was also an update that caused windows to use up a lot of RAM for all of its applications. This also has been fixed, you just have to update.
My Game Keeps on Crashing
Almost 8 out of 10 times, the crashing problem is caused due to overclocking. Almost everyone nowadays runs an overlocked PC, there’s nothing wrong with that. Try running the game without overclocking utilities like MSI Afterburner or the Zotac Firestorm, this should fix the problem.
Black Screen in Ghost Recon Breakpoint
This problem is rare, but this happened to me. The problem is weird and there were no solutions to this problem. I was running fraps and Nvidia’s FPS counter both at the same time, so the game was glitching leading to the black screen. Turn off one of those and you should be good to go.
Another Fix: Turn off the 2nd monitor while running the game.
That’s all for today, I hope these things were enough to fix your lag related problems. Do comment below if this helped you out.