Last Updated on July 11, 2020
Fix COD Modern Warfare Dev Errors – If you are facing the dev error problem in Modern Warfare then worry no more. This guide will focus on the different errors that people are getting, and we will attempt to fix them until the devs push an update.
Update: There was a huge hotfix update that was pushed some time back. Fire up battle.net and update your game.
The game’s been out for more than 24 hours now, there are still multiple issues that people are facing. Among them, the biggest issue is the multiple dev errors that are leading to black screens and the crashing of the game.
How To Fix COD Modern Warfare Dev Errors
The dev errors are not particularly the same, below are a few variations. Fixes for all of them are mentioned below.
- DEV ERROR 5759 – DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. This is a DirectX related error. read this to fix it.
- Dev Error 6606 – This is a display related error. Make sure you are using updated device drivers. Try running the game in 1080p or disable your second monitor to get rid of this error.
- Dev Error 6165 – Open battle.net and perform a “scan and repair” for the game to fix it.
- Dev Error 6065 – Activision is currently working on a fix for this, they recommend you tone down your settings for a workaround.
- Dev Error 6068 – Another DirectX related error. Make sure you have the latest version of Windows and DirectX installed.
Another set of Dev Errors has popped up: Dev Error 5885, 740, 6036, 5758, 1110, 6071, 5476 – Try matching the error type with the first digit with solutions given above.
If these didn’t fix the issue for you, read a few more solutions that we’ve given below.
There are no details available about what might be causing the issues. But disabling crossplay did fix the crash in some instances so it’s worth trying. To do it follow the steps
- Go to options
- Click on the Account tab
- Disable crossplay from there.
Disable Asus Strix Monitoring Software
If you are using an Asus Strix graphics card, there are chances that you might have the monitoring software installed. Just disable it while playing the game. Other monitoring or overclocking software might also cause issues while playing the game, so I’d recommend you to disable anything that conflicts with the game.
Turn Down Game Settings
Few people have reported that their game stopped throwing random dev errors after they turned down their settings. Also, try capping your FPS to 60 until Activision releases a fix. There are a few things you can try
- Cap FPS Settings at 60
- Turn down textures from high to normal
If all of these things didn’t help you out, then I’d recommend you contact support with your error code. They are your best bet at fixing this. This shouldn’t take long since the game has just launched and the developers are really active at the moment.
These were the possibles solutions for getting rid of Dev Error 740, 1110, 5476, 5758, 5759, 5761, 5763, 6036, 6065, 6066, 6068, 6070, 6071, 6164, 6165, 6606 codes.
Comment below if this guide helped you out.