Last Updated on October 28, 2022
Not liking how the game turned out? – Well, Steam’s refund policy might come in handy for you. Here’s a step-by-step guide to requesting a refund on Steam for MW2.
Modern Warfare 2 is getting love from all across the world, the game is being received well on all platforms. The game suffers from performance issues, crashing while playing, and the game not launching at all. The game costs $70, it makes sense if some users might want to ask for a refund. You can buy it later at a discounted price when it’s more polished.
Valve’s Steam refund policy is a great way to get a little bit of your money back if you’re unhappy with a purchase. The policy is simple: You can get a refund for any game that you’ve played for less than two hours, as long as you’ve played it for less than two hours in total. There are some exceptions, like DLC or in-game items, but the basic rule stands.
This policy is great because it encourages people to try out more games. If you’re not sure if you want a game, you can try it out for a little while and then get a refund if you don’t like it. This also encourages developers to make shorter games, since players can easily get their money back if they don’t enjoy the game.
How To Refund Modern Warfare 2 on Steam
- Launch Steam
- Click on the Library Tab
- Locate “Modern Warfare 2” and click “Support” from the game window as shown in the image below:
- A new page will open up, and from here select whatever is relevant. I recommend selecting “It’s not what I expected”
- Select “I’d like to request a refund”
- Steam will perform basic checks on whether you’ve played the game for more than two hours or not. If not, then you will be eligible for a refund.
- A Steam Ticket will be opened for this and your refund should be processed in a few hours.
How To Refund MW2 on Xbox One, Series X & S
Similar to Steam, Xbox also has a refund policy that gamers can utilize if they are not satisfied with a title. The steps to refund are as follows:
- Go to the official refund page on Microsoft
- Sign in to your account and go to Order History > Select “Request a Return for Modern Warfare 2“.
- Follow on-screen instructions and answer all the questions.
- Click on the “Request a refund” button.
If you’re getting the “Request Conditional” message, this means that you do not fulfill the refund conditions. The refund conditions on Xbox are similar to Steam. You can refund a title only within 14 days after the purchase, also you should’ve played the title for less than two hours. The Refund is also processed manually so it might get rejected too.
Asking for a refund is okay if you are not liking the game given its state. You can maybe purchase it later, even for a discounted price when these things are fixed.
Comment below if this guide helped you out. I’ve written many guides on MW2 that you can find here.