Last Updated on August 20, 2022
Naraka Bladepoint Lag Fix – Naraka Bladepoint major update was released a few hours back. The Battle Royale title focuses on parkour and mobility-based combat, you have melee and ranged weapons both. The lobby size is 60 players. The game is developed by 24 Entertainment, and published by NetEase Games Montréal.
The game has a few problems at the moment, such as random FPS Drops and Stuttering. This can get really problematic when you’re fighting with an opponent because this puts you at a disadvantage. In this article, we will talk about fixing these issues before the devs release any optimization updates.
Naraka Bladepoint: How to Fix Lag
Identify what is causing the lag
Before you move on, make sure to verify what is causing the problems. The lag can be due to your network or your hardware, you have to figure that out. Below you’ll find the system requirements of the game, check it out and verify if you have the right hardware to run this game smoothly.
For network-related lag, try switching to a wired connection from Wi-Fi. Also, verify that no one else is using your network to consume media or downloading stuff. After you are done with this perform a quick speed test using the website fast.com. Since this is a Battle Royale game, your internet connection will impact a lot of things.
Naraka Bladepoint System Requirements
- S: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel i5 4th generation or AMD FX 6300 or equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750TI or equivalent
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel i7 7th generation or equivalent
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6G or equivalent
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 20 GB available space
Your PC configuration should fall in between the minimum or recommended requirements to run the game smoothly. If that is not the case, you will have to compromise with graphics and FPS. The rule of thumb is toning down the game settings, whenever you face performance issues.
Enough about the game, let’s talk about fixing the performance-related issues:
Change Graphic Card Settings
Below are the settings for AMD and Nvidia graphics card users, apply these settings for the best performance.
For Nvidia Users
- Open up Nvidia’s Control Panel. Right-click on desktop > click Nvidia control panel
- Click Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings
- Find “Naraka Bladepoint”, you can manually add the game if it’s not in the list
- Now, make the following changes:
Monitor Tech: G-Sync (If available)
Maximum Pre-rendered frames: 2
Threaded optimization: On
Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
Texture Filtering – Quality: Performance
For AMD Users
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multisampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- Wait for V-sync: Off
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
These settings should be good enough for you. Try tweaking a bit with the priority of the application, this also tends to give a little FPS boost.
Update Device Drivers
Whenever a new game makes its arrival, especially when it’s a AAA title, Nvidia is known for pushing their optimized updates for the best performance with their graphic cards. I am not sure about AMD because I’ve never used an AMD card. Below are the links for downloading the latest drivers.
Update: Nvidia has already pushed a full-fledged optimization update for the game, you can launch Geforce Experience and get the update. The updated version is 471.68.
Disable Discord in-game overlay
If you are using Discord like me, then I’d recommend you change a few things. One such thing is, discord overlay, it’s not really something you need at all times. I use a two-monitor setup, so the overlay is useless for me. It is known for causing FPS-related issues.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Discord
- Open Discord
- Click on User Settings > Appearance
- Click on the Hardware Acceleration radio, this will turn it off.
Disable Discord in-game Overlay
- Open Discord
- Go to Overlay under App Settings
- Click on the “Enable in-game overlay”, this will turn it off.
Matter of fact, you should probably disable every overlay application if you don’t use them. All of these apps are known for causing performance issues.
Turn off Game Mode
Windows says that the Game mode helps in optimizing all-around windows processes, windows updates and other windows related stuff while running games if you have the game mode enabled. But this isn’t factually true, game bar has been known for causing issues related to FPS. So it’s better to turn it off if you are not using it, Nvidia’s Shadowplay is better for capturing game clips.
- Click Start > Settings > Gaming
- On the Game Bar, set “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to off.
- Now head to the Captures tab set the “Record the background while I’m playing a game” to Off.
- Lastly, click on the Game Mode tab, and turn it off.
Disable Full-Screen Optimization & High DPI in Windows 10
Full-screen optimization and DPI settings come pre-configured with Windows 10. These are known for causing trouble with games leading to several issues. To disable:
- Locate the game installation
- Find the .exe file of the game
- Right-click > Properties > Compatibility Tab
- Tick the “Disable Full-Screen Optimizations” tab
- Now, click the “Change high DPI settings” button
- Tick “Override high DPI scaling behavior” and select “Application” from the drop-down menu
- Save Settings.
How To Fix Stuttering in Naraka Bladepoint
Now that we are done with the lagging-related fixes, let’s find out how to fix stuttering in Naraka Bladepoint.
Close any memory-hogging applications
Open up the task manager and check your memory and disk usage. Close all applications (non-windows) that are eating your memory and using a disk drive. If you are still stuttering with everything looking fine then you should probably wait for the hotfix update, which should be pushed out shortly.
I’d recommend you shut down all memory-hogging applications such as Chrome.
Use Process Lasso to limit CPU usage
Process Lasso is software that helps you in limiting the CPU usage of a particular app. Download the software and use it accordingly, I was able to drop my CPU usage by almost 20% after using the software. Also, try switching between hyperthreading on/off, this also has a considerable improvement.
Move the game to SSD or faster HDD
Note: Even the developers of the game recommend that you install this game on an SSD. This is mentioned on the official system requirements page.
A Reddit user reported constant stuttering in Naraka Bladepoint, someone asked him for his specs and turns out the guy had an SSD for C Drive but was running an old 5400RPM HDD. The game was installed on the 5400 RPM drive. The user moved his game to the SSD and the issue was fixed.
That’s all you can currently do to fix your issues in the game. If you have anything more to add, make sure to do so using the comment section.