Last Updated on November 9, 2019
Rockstar Games exited unexpectedly – Only an hour has passed since the release of the game, people have started playing. I must say that the player base is not sound happy, I myself was not able to get into the game until now, I was crashing, lagging and facing audio issues every time I tried launching it. Now, I’ve finally given up after this constant “Rockstar Games exited unexpectedly” error.
Rockstar Games promised us a good launch, so far, this one hasn’t been one. The game currently has a lot of issues. Which should likely be fixed within coming updates.
Update: I was able to fix this issue by deleting my local profile.
Fix Rockstar Games exited unexpectedly
Immediate Fix: This worked for me. Go to Rockstar Launcher Settings > Account Information > Delete Local Profile. Also, update your device drivers.
- Head to the official website of Social Club to verify if the site is working or not
- Redownload Social Club/Launcher and install it from the official download link
- Try logging in and launching the game, if the issue is still there, continue reading
- Go to the Social Club Installation Folder
C:/Users/YourUsername/Documents/Rockstar Games/Red Dead Redemption 2/Profiles/Profilename/pc_settings.bin
- Now delete the pc_settings.bin file.
- Go to Rockstar launcher settings > Account Information > Delete Local Profile
- Open ” C:/Users/YourUsername/Documents/” and delete “Social Club” Folder.
This will remove any conflicting files or installations.
Hopefully, this fixes the issue for you. I also did verify my game installation and reinstalled the game completely.