Last Updated on November 21, 2022
Warzone 2 Mic Not Working: The second iteration of the famous Call of Duty styled Battle Royale has arrived. The game features a new map and weapons. WZ 2.0 takes elements from MW2, the latest Call of Duty game.
Warzone 2.0 is excellent for BR lovers, but not so much for those who love multiplayer. I am saying this because when Warzone 1.0 was released in 2019, it overshadowed the development of Modern Warfare, which was abandoned soon after. The same thing happened with Cold War. I hope this doesn’t happen with MW2.
Using the Mic in Battle Royale Games is important as communication plays a vital role, you have to be vigilant and give callouts to your teammates. One mistake, and you will be taken down by a random enemy team.
Now without further ado, let’s find out how we can fix the mic not working issue in Warzone 2.
Warzone 2: How To Fix Mic Not Working
The good thing is that there’s no bug and the mic not working issue is a problem associated with your computer or device settings. Let’s find out how to fix this:
Check Warzone 2 Audio Settings
- Press the Gear Icon located on the top-right. PC users can press F3 for Quick Settings.
- Select “Audio” from the menu that opens up.
- Scroll down to “Voice Chat” and make sure that the correct microphone device is selected, as shown in the image above.
- If the device is set to default, change it to the device you are using. For example, I am using Cloud Stinger, and I switched to it.
If this doesn’t fix your issue then we’ll have to check if everything is working fine on Windows, continue reading to find out:
Change Sound Settings
To do this:
- Search for Sound Settings in Windows Search Bar and select the first option that comes up.
- A new window displaying Sound settings will open up, scroll down to Input and select your main device instead of the default.
- After doing this, crank up the Volume Level all the way up to 100.
Continue reading if this doesn’t fix your issue.
Disable Exclusive Control in Windows
Exclusive control in sound settings Windows refers to a setting that allows only one program to play audio at a time. This can be useful if you’re trying to watch a movie or listen to music and don’t want any other sounds coming through your speakers.
But when it comes to gaming, this can quickly turn into a problem; to disable exclusive control:
- Go to Control Panel, you can search for it using Windows Search.
- Alternatively, you can search “Change System Sounds”, and click on it.
- A new settings box will open up as shown in the image below:
- Double-click on your main microphone; Hyperx Cloud, for example, in my case.
- Click on the “Advanced” Tab, under “Exclusive Mode” and uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”.
Your problem should be fixed.
Allow Microphone Access from Privacy Settings
- Search for Privacy in Windows Search Bar.
- Click on the first option; “Privacy & Security”
- Scroll down to “App Permissions” and click “Microphone”.
- Click on the Microphone Access toggle as shown in the image below:
Update or Reinstall Mic Device Driver
Sometimes a conflicting or old driver could be the one causing the problem, to fix this:
- Press Windows + R and type “devmgmt.msc”
- This will open Windows Device Manager; a list of your devices will be displayed here.
- Locate your mic name under “Sound, video, and game controllers.”
- Right-click on it > Select “Uninstall device”. The driver will now be removed from your computer.
- Restart your PC and the driver will be reinstalled automatically.
Check if Your Microphone is Muted
Sometimes I keep on speaking to my teammates, and they yell at me for not giving calls. I blame the swivel to mute mic of my headphone. This might be the same case for you; you might’ve pressed the mute key by mistake; check for it.
Warzone 2 just came out and is full of problems; some cannot download the game, some are crashing, and some can’t even launch the game. At this point, every gamer should know that these games are not perfect on launch days.
The devs might take a few weeks to fix the game’s current issues; until then, you can watch your favorite streamer and chill rather than get frustrated.
Do comment below if this guide helped you out.