Last Updated on March 19, 2023
Warzone 2.0 Slow Download: The New BR is now available via Steam and Battle.net, but downloads are stuck or slow for some users. In my article today, I will cover the steps to fix this issue.
The second iteration of the famous Call of Duty styled Battle Royale has arrived. The game features a new map and weapons. WZ 2.0 takes elements from MW2, the latest Call of Duty game.
Warzone 2.0 is excellent for BR lovers but not so much for those who love multiplayer. I am saying this because when Warzone 1.0 was released in 2019, it overshadowed the development of Modern Warfare, which was abandoned soon after. The same thing happened with Cold War. I hope this doesn’t happen with MW2.
I have created two sections; one for Steam users and the other for Battle.net.
Download Stuck Issue – Why is it happening?
There can be two reasons why your download could be stuck.
- Your game files are being patched; if you look closely, the download speed will be at 0, but your disk usage will be higher, which means your game is downloading just fine.
- You are using an old-school HDD: This can take a long time to complete. You might have to wait an hour if your installation is on an HDD. If you have an SSD available, you can install the game.
If you have confirmed that the installation is not progressing, restarting Steam or Battle Launcher might work for you.
To check if your game files are being patched: Launch task manager. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and monitor the disk usage.
Fix For Steam Users
Here are two things that you can do to fix this:
There can be two reasons why your download could be stuck. Your game files are being patched, if you look closely the download speed will be at 0, but your disk usage will be higher, this means that your game is downloading just fine. You need to wait.
This can take a long time to complete. You might have to wait an hour if your installation is on an HDD. If you have an SSD available, you can install the game.
If you have confirmed that the installation is not progressing, restarting Steam might work for you.
Slow Download Speed
You can try switching your download region from the Steam settings to fix this issue:
- Go to Steam Settings > Downloads Tab
- Under Download Region, try changing from US/Singapore
- Remove any download restrictions if there are any
These are all the things you can do if you face any problems. Comment below if you need any help.
Fix For Battle.net Launcher Users
You won’t get full speeds if the Limit network bandwidth checkbox is ticked in Settings. To fix this:
- Launch Battle.net Launcher
- Click on the Battle Logo on the top left, and then go to settings
- Click on the Downloads Tab and locate the “Network Bandwidth” Section
- From here, untick the “Limit download bandwidth” checkbox as shown in the picture below:
- Click Done.
Once you have changed the settings, your download speeds will go up.
Still not getting the full download speed? – There may be some other issue that is leading to this. Continue reading to find out a few more fixes.
Other Miscellaneous Fixes
Check Your Network Connection
Downloads, of course, need consistent connection. If not, you will face slow downloading problems with every game launcher. There are two things that you can do to check this:
- Disconnect other devices from the network: Router Admin panels nowadays have a bandwidth monitor that can be used to find out what device is using the web. You can use this to find out any bandwidth-hogging devices and disconnect them temporarily.
- Restart Your Router: Restarting the router may be necessary if you’re experiencing issues with your internet connection. This is especially true if you have a wireless network or use Wi-Fi in your home.
Use a VPN
This is the last resort, sometimes routing is not perfect from your ISP’s end. This leads to lousy download speeds. A VPN can take care of this problem. You can choose any program of your liking.
Flush Your DNS
- Open the command prompt by pressing Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “cmd” into the Run dialog box and click OK.
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” into the command prompt and press Enter.
Use Google DNS
Using Google DNS or any custom DNS can fix download troubles immediately. Lifewire has a great guide on the best free Public DNS you can use.
I hope this guide helped you out; if not, you can comment below, and I will be happy to help you out. For more guides on WZ 2.0, go to our guides section.
It seems like the issues are faced mainly by Battle.net users; this could be attributed to the high number of players trying to download the game. With so many concurrent users trying to download a game, this bug is probably putting strain on the servers leading to this. You can download your game on Steam if you continue to face issues.
Thanks for reading this article!