Last Updated on January 28, 2022
The Google Play store shows this annoying error which goes like: “Error retrieving information from server” to the users browsing the Play Store. Although the error is reserved for situations involving network failures, it bugs many users with perfect coverage. In this post, we will see how to get past the error retrieving information from server error from the Google Play Store.
Fix Error RPC:S-7:AEC-7 and RPC: S-7: AEC-0 for Play Store and Blue Stacks
This error can come up on Blue Stacks as well since the emulator is based on Android. Also, it doesn’t emulate the latest Android so it tends to break really often. You might get an error here and there almost every day.
Reasons for this Error:
- Network problems including 3G/4G or WiFi.
- Corrupt data in Google Play Store App.
- Corrupt data in Google Play Services.
- Redundant data associated with the Google Account.
Fixing the Error retrieving data from server [RPC:S-7:AEC-0]) Error
Fixing the error in the Play Store is quite simple. First, we will verify whether your internet connection is working correctly or not. After that, we will clear the corrupt and redundant data from the Play Store and Play Services. Just follow the instructions written below.
Clear Play Store App data and Cache
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Slide to the right to All.
- Find Google Play Store and tap on the clear data button.
- Click on the Clear Cache button.
Read more: How to clear Google Play Store App Data.
Clear Play Services data and cache.
- After clearing data for the Play store, go back to All and find the Play Services app.
- Tap on the Clear data button.
- Tap on the Clear cache button.
After these two things are done, the downloads will most probably work. If not, then we will have to remove the Google account associated with the device. This will involve resetting your device to factory settings, so take caution.
Note: The steps given below will remove all data from your device. Please make a backup before proceeding further.
Factory Reset your Device
When errors like these come up, the last resort you have is resetting your device. We have to agree Android is not perfect, so with a heavy heart and a huge backup we will go ahead and reset our devices.
- Go to Settings> Backup & Reset > Factory data reset.
- Leave Erase stored content unchecked if you want the data (like music, photos, videos and other user data) in the internal memory of the device to remain as is.
- Tap on Reset Phone.
- Enter your Pin/Pattern if you have set any.
- Tap on Reset Now.
Now your phone will be restarted and will be set to the factory settings. This will remove the Google account associated with it too. You can read more about setting the device from scratch in this nice article from AndroidPit. After following these steps, the Google Play store will not show the “Error retrieving information from server [RPC:S-7:AEC-0])” while downloading any app.
If the problem still persists, please use the comments section to tell us more about your specific device. I’ll help you out.