I have written about the rpc s-7 aec-0 error in the past. Another error similar to this with code rpc s-7 aec-7 (notice the 7 instead of 0 in the end) has come to my sight. Just like its cousin, this error also shows up as “Error retrieving information from server” for the users while downloading apps from the Play Store. It comes in the same category as the rpc s-7 aec-7 error. This means that it will show up while there are any errors when some sort of error occurs on related to our Google account in our phone.
The rpc s-7 aec-7 error is very common for the users of Android Jellybean, KitKat, and Lollipop. For most of the users, this error will get fixed by following the steps from the previous post of solving rpc s-7 aec-0. In this post, we will discuss, the step by step procedure for solving this error and avoiding it in the future.
Fix Error rpc s-7 aec-7 in the Google Play Store
First and foremost, I will suggest you read How to clear Google Play Store App Data. In that post, I have written step by step process of clearing the Play Store app cache and data which cause errors and problems in most cases. Now, coming to the topic at hand, what we have to do to get past the error rpc s-7 aec-7 is to just remove and then re-add our Google account in our Android mobile device. Let’s get to the steps for doing that now:
Note: Before continuing further, make a backup of your account in case something goes wrong.
Remove Google Account
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Google > “your account name” > Remove Account.
- In the Remove Account confirmation dialogue box, tap on REMOVE ACCOUNT and wait for a few seconds for all the data to be deleted.
- Restart your phone.
Clearing the Data and cache from Play Services Framework and the Download Manager
If you don’t want things repeated, head over to my previous post about clearing data from Play Store. The process for all other apps is the same. However, if you are confused, continue below on your Android phone.
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Slide to the right to All.
- Find Google Play Store and tap on the clear data button.
- Click on the Clear Cache button.
- Repeat the steps 3 and 4 for the Play Store, Services Framework, and Download Manager.
- Restart your phone.
After doing the steps, the Play store, Services Framework and the Download Manager will be reset to their factory settings along with all other defaults which will remove the error rpc s-7 aec-7 from popping again.
Add Google Account
Now, all the apps are changed to their defaults, we will now add back our account which was previously present in Android.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Google.
- Enter your security code (if any).
- In the Add your account screen, type all the information required for your email account, password, and sync settings and proceed as required.
After trying this method, the error rpc s-7 aec-7 will not show on your Android phone while downloading apps from the Play Store. If this works for you, please head over to the comments section and let us know.