Last Updated on September 12, 2023
GM Nightfall Season 22 – Destiny 2 has had a few significant updates and changes since its release, but the Grandmaster Nightfall is one of the most exciting additions. This weekly event pits players against powerful bosses in an attempt to earn rewards that can help them breeze through the game. There are many different ways to approach this mode. Whether you’re a high-level player looking for a challenge or a beginner just trying to earn some valuable loot, there’s something for everyone in Grandmaster Nightfall.
In this article, you will find all the information about GM nightfalls in Season 22.
Grandmaster Nightfall Requirements in Season 22
To access GM nightfalls during Season 22, players must hit Power level 1815 at least. The activity level will be 1840, so you need to grind a lot of pinnacle activities.
GM Nightfall Modifiers
- Acute Burn: +25% damage dealt and +50% damage received.
GM nightfalls have the strongest modifiers like Match-Game, Champions, Overlords, and anything hard to take down. On top of that, you have limited revives.
Grandmaster Nightfall Schedule (2023)
GM nightfalls return on September 12; the information will be added here once the reset hits.
- September 12: Heist Battleground in Europa
“*” = will be updated on reset day!
Burn, Shields & Champions for Each GM
|The Insight Terminus||Void||Arc & Void||Barrier & Unstoppable|
|The Scarlet Keep||Arc||Arc & Solar||Barrier & Unstoppable|
|Birthplace of the Vile||Void||Arc, Solar & Void||Overload & Unstoppable|
|The Corrupted||Arc||Arc, Solar & Void||Overload & Unstoppable|
|The Glassway||Void||Arc & Solar||Overload & Barrier|
|Warden of Nothing||Solar||Solar & Void||Overload, Barrier & Unstoppable|
Season 22 Loot Pool of Grandmaster Nightfalls
Update: Bungie has already sunset Palindrome, one of GM’s most sought-after weapons.
New Weapons in S22
- Pre Astyanax IV – Combat Bow
- Warden’s Law – Heavy Burst Hand Cannon
Bungie has confirmed that there will be six weapons in the rotation.
Tips for Completion
There’s no secret to completing Grand Master Nightfalls efficiently. You need the right builds, synergy, and teammates. You have to carry the right weapons to take down overlords and champions. There’s a match game modifier, so you also need void, solar, and Arc weapons to break enemy shields.
Taking cover from enemies is another essential thing because you will get one shot by many enemies in GM Nightfalls.
Destiny 2 Grandmaster Nightfalls: Loadout Recommendations
We are working on a build guide for the GM Nightfalls. However, here are the best weapons that you can use.
Champion Options for S20
- Barrier: Any Sniper, Scout, or Auto Rifle. Arbalest is a must in most cases.
- Overload: Machine Gun, Bow, Arc Grenades.
- Unstoppable: Shotgun, Pulse Rifle.
- Long Range weapons that can take down enemies from range. It would be best if someone from your team takes an Auto/Scout to take care of the barrier champions.
- There are a lot of great bows to choose from; my favorite is Ticu’s Divination. You can take Trinity Ghoul or the new bow this Season.
- Someone from your team should also take a Pulse Rifle to Stun Unstoppable Champions. There are a lot of great weapons to choose from; Piece of Mind, Syncopation-53, or Cold Denial.
- Damage Dealing weapons like Fusion Rifles or Grenade Launchers is something we recommend. You can use a grenade launcher that rolls with the Blinding Grenades perk; this can come in clutch during fights. The blinding effect blinds the enemies for a few seconds.
- Eriana’s Vow is another excellent option, the intrinsic perk Barrier Champions.
- Any Sniper or Linear Fusion with Firing-Line can be a good option, but you risk getting wiped out if all of you stick together.
- One Thousand Voices
- Thunderlord is another excellent option that can take care of Overload champions.
- Gjallarhorn Rocket Launcher
- Linear Fusion Rifles like Reed’s Regret.
- Swords can also be used, but that should be your last option. You risk getting one shot by enemies. But a guardian has their choices.
That’s all for the Grandmaster Nightfall this week. I am excited to get my hands on the New Bow. Are you excited?