Last Updated on May 25, 2022
The Palindrome (Adept) in Season of the Risen: If you’re someone like me who plays a lot of PvP, you’ve probably heard of The Palindrome. This legendary 140RPM Handcannon is one of the best in the game; the adept version also has a slot for the adept mod that enhances it further. The Palindrome can be termed the new Austringer, as it is a 140RPM HC that sounds exactly like it. However, it has more power with the right perks, thanks to the Adept Mods. You’ll find this Handcannon in the hands-on players with higher KD’s. I’ve never seen a single player with below 1 KD using it. This could be different for you; I blame my ELO.
Palindrome might be the most sought after HC, at least for PvP players. This weapon was absent from the loot pool since the release of Witch Queen as the Grandmaster Nightfalls were halted. For those who don’t know, Grandmaster Nightfalls is the activity where this weapon drops as a reward. The good thing is, that they are returning on April 5 and will stay here until the end of the season.
The Palindrome (Adept) Base Stats:
- Impact: 84
- Range: 55
- Stability: 62
- Handling: 55
- Reload Speed: 48
- Aim Assist: 79
- Origin Traits: Stunning Recovery or Vanguard Vindication
Stunning Recovery: Stunning a Champion partially refills your magazine, triggers health regeneration, and improves recovery for a short duration.
Vanguard Vindication: Final blows with this weapon grant a small amount of health.
What’s the difference between the normal and adept version?
The only difference is; adept weapons have an extra slot to equip adept mods. Adept mods are not basic mods that boost some mere stats. Adept mods are genuinely powerful. Here are a few mods I remember the name of; Adept Range, Adept Counter Balance, Adept Reload etc.
Enough about the weapon, let’s find out what the god rolls are:
The Palindrome God Roll for PVP
It’s not a mystery that this is the best handcannon for PvP in Destiny 2. But in the end, you will have to play a grind the Grandmaster Nightfalls to be able to get a good roll.
Here’s what the god roll is going to be:
- Hammer-Forged Rifling or Extended Barrel: Range is what we need on this HC.
- Ricochet Rounds: Increased Range and Stability
- Killing Wind: Absolute No brainer. Final blows grant increased mobility, weapon range, and handling for a short duration.
- Rangefinder: Aiming this weapon increases its effective range and zoom magnification. There are no other perks in this slot that are worth replacing.
- Masterwork: Range
- Adept Mod: Adept Icarus Grip or Adept Range
- Origin Trait: Vanguard Vindication – Final blows with this weapon grant a small amount of health.
I have used all the range boosting perks here, basically, you need range and stability to hit all your shots. This HC out aims everyone at range. Some would suggest you to go for Quickdraw instead of Killing Wind. Having Quickdraw on a primary that you are going to shoot all time doesn’t make too much sense to me. Killing Wind paired with Rangefinder and a Range masterworked Palindrome will turn godly.
You can also opt for Polygonal Rifling and Light Mag instead of the perks mentioned above. Controllers might benefit more from the stability, while mouse and keyboard players will be easily able to use the Palindrome with the perks mentioned above.
The Palindrome God Roll for PvE
There was a time when the PvE activities were dominated with Handcannons. I still remember having 150,000 kills on my Midnight Coup. But the meta has changed. It doesn’t make sense to use Handcannons in PvE anymore. We have too many good weapons at our disposal. But if you’d still like to use Palindrome in PvE, you can certainly do so. Most hand cannons now need multiple hits even to take down red bar enemies, which is a bummer.
Here’s what the god roll for PvE is going to look like:
- Corkscrew Rifling: For boosting range, stability and handling.
- Appended Mag: Increased Range and Stability
- Outlaw or Overflow: Outlaw is a must-have for hand cannons in PvE at least. But if you manage to get Overflow, you won’t run out of ammo.
- Rampage: This is a perk that used to roll for this weapon. For Season of the Risen, we’ll have to confirm if it still drops with this perk or not. Because light.gg doesn’t have Rampage listed in the fourth slot.
- Masterwork: Range
- Adept Mod: Range or Adept Reload
The infamous Outlaw and Rampage roll is what we will look for.
Community Picks (Light.gg)
Here’s what the community thinks the best perks for the weapon are:
I am going to farm this whole week for the Palindrome Handcannon. Hopefully, I will be getting the PvP God Roll before anything else drops for me. The GM nightfalls are certainly a challenging activity that requires a lot of time for completion, so I am sure every guardian will stay busy this whole week.
This was our guide on the Palindrome god roll. Comment below with what rolls you are going to look out for.